Healthy eating gets cool: Beat the heat in the kitchen with these healthy no-cook recipes for summer.
Turning on the stove and cooking meals on hot summer days is really a Frustrating job that we all want to avoid. But the question is how? So here is how during hot summer days you can turn the temperature down in your house and still enjoy healthy no cook meals. Fortunately summer brings us a lot of healthy fruits and vegetables that we can use to prepare healthy meals while keeping our house and ourselves cool. Besides being good from a health point of view peak-season fruits and vegetables add color and flavor to our no-cook meals.
Picking up prepared ingredients help keep the heat down in the kitchen. Some low-fat deli meats like smoked chicken makes a perfect choice for adding quick protein to your meals. If in case cooking an item is absolutely necessary you can cook it on outside grill or you can use microwave oven. At least you’re not heating up the indoors.
1. Deli Meat and Cheddar Cheese Sandwich
This yummy sandwich recipe is perfect for lazy summer days. This is also kid’s friendly recipe and they are going to love it. It includes meat, vegetables and bread so it serves as a healthy full meal that can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. This recipe can be prepared with deli chicken or beef whatever you like. Yellow mustard gives extra flavor to this tasty sandwich. Add tomato ketchup or to spice it up more serve it with garlic chili sauce.
- 4 slices white sandwich bread
- 4 slices deli chicken/beef
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 medium sized onion rings
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons black olives de-seeded and sliced
- Take two bread slices and coat them with a thin layer of yellow mustard.
- Coat the other two bread slices with a thin layer of mayonnaise
- Put one lettuce leave , 2 slices of deli chicken or beef, 1 cheddar cheese slice, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion rings, 1 tablespoon sliced black olives on mustard coated bread slice and top with the mayonnaise coated bread slice.
- Repeat the same steps for the other set of sandwich.
2. Tomato, Mint and Cucumber Salsa
This light, healthy and simple to make Tomato, mint and Cucumber Salsa recipe is really great for summer time. Packed with lots of health benefits of tomato, cucumber and mint it is ready in less than 15 minutes. This refreshing salsa is sure to be a great hit.
- 3 tomatoes finely diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Mix all the above ingredients in bowl. Season your salsa to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Stir it well before serving.
3. Quick Pineapple and Jelly Dessert
This quick pineapple and jelly dessert is really refreshing during hot summer days. The best thing about this dessert is that it is prepared with only three ingredients. This instant dessert recipe is also best for unexpected guests as it is ready in no time. You can also add seasonal fruits like mango, banana, apples or whatever you like to make it fruit salad. It tastes best when served cool.
- 1 pineapple tin
- 1 pack milk cream
- 1 packet jelly (tropical fruit or whatever you like)
- Sugar (optional)
- Pour milk cream into serving bowl.
- Add pineapple slices.
- Prepare jelly as directed on the packet. Cut into little cubes and add this to cream and pineapple mixture.
- Add 4 tablespoons of pineapple syrup from the tin.
- You can add more sugar if you prefer your dessert more sugary.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.